Thursday, July 12, 2018

Underwear wrong side out

You wake up in the morning and rush to get cleaned up, dressed and head out the door.  This is an every day occurrence. What happens next...not so every day.

You are sitting on the toilet with your underwear to your knees, no, not to the floor as that’s a guy habit. They drop their drawers to the floor. Any woman who has ever had to share a bathroom with a man knows…no way are we letting our panties touch the tile surrounding the toilet. It’s a result of knowing men have bad aim.

Anyway, you’re sitting there and getting ready to pull everything back up only to discover your underwear are on wrong side out. You have to do a double take. Really?

You’ve done this, right? I mean it happens to everyone. Not just me, right?
Is it a sign of things to come?

Oh, yes!
I fell off the ladder trying to put up the cable wire to the house that had been ripped off during one of the storms. No biggie, I have a tough backside with padding.

In my case it meant slicing my thumb while trying to strip the covering on some electrical wire. By the way, it still hurts.
It meant that even after shutting off the power to the outdoor lights I get electrocuted. Seriously, talk about shocked. I think I jumped fifty feet in the air and yelped. There’s no other word for it. I yelped. Note to self: the electrical box is not necessarily marked correctly.

All in the same day. The day my underwear were on wrong side out.
What happened to you on the day you wore your underwear wrong side out? Was it a sign? Was it a lucky day or unlucky day? Did you win the lottery or stub your toe?

2 comments:

Dad July 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM  

That is not quite as disastrous as a man wearing his underwear backwards and he is hurrying to make that very necessary pit-stop. Yellow socks become almost a certainty.

Denise July 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM  

That is too funny and probably very true.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com