Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Picture this . . .

Picture me, yes me, the funny redheaded blonde who loves to write and can barely squeeze it in unless. . .wait for it. . .she goes to her local watering hole, Margaritas, with her laptop and no WIFI, has a couple of "girlie" beers as a friend refers to them, and writes her fanny off. Okay, I wish it was that easy to make a fanny disappear.

Wait! That's not it. I get home, decide to log onto the computer and the first thing I see is a Facebook posting of a review by Robin K of my first novel, It Happens in Threes. And WOW! Now picture said redheaded blonde doing a dance around her house with every dang window open for the world to see.

Yes, all my neighbors, that's a dancing girl in that fishbowl of a house.

The truly funny part is that I had literally just hung up the phone with my longtime friend who has been the inspiration behind my stories and the person who Connect the Dots is dedicated to. Talk about timing!

Could there be a better compliment than this? "I do not know if a book could be written more perfectly for an easy escape of reality. Denise writes so eloquently. Her characters flow across the pages, enriched by well written landscapes and interplay. I loved being able to experience the paradise of Florida and Hawaii through the heroines eyes. The setting so entrancing I could taste the salt of the ocean and feel the warmth of the sun. I actually approached my husband about vacationing where we could scuba dive."

Robin ends the review with this. "This book is vacation anyone can afford!"

Okay, yes, I love knowing someone has enjoyed my stories. What can I say? I'm an author. OH! I can say that.

Thank you Robin for the wonderful review and I hope the winner of the bookgiveaway loves it just as much.

See Robin's full review and enter to win a copy of IT HAPPENS IN THREES at http://intensewhisper.blogspot.com/

Please drop by Robin's blog and leave her a comment.

7 comments:

Emma Leigh May 19, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

You truly deserve it!! Hope your getting some writing done.

Denise May 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

I am a trying and feel like I am finally in the zone. Thanks.

Gina L May 19, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

It Happens is Threes is still my favorite of your books. Awesome.

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

I think I just blushed all the way to my pinkie toes! Thank you Denise for your compliments and most of all writing books for me to read.

Denise May 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

OH! You all are so nice.

Gina and Robin - So glad you love IHT. Ruby is a real kick and of course that's where my fave hero Jake appeared. :-)

Robin - go ahead and blush...but next time send a picture so we can see.

Ceri Hebert May 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

That's fantastic, Denise!!

Denise May 23, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Thank you Ceri.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com