Thursday, July 29, 2010

Writing runs in the family

I've recently been doing some research into family genealogy and as part of that my parents have pulled out a few newspaper clippings, letters, etc. to help me find more information. Yesterday, as my father rummaged through papers, he found a poem he had written when I was 2 years old.

I hope it touches you as it touched me. I'm glad to know writing runs in the family.


D is for all the Devine joy that she has brought to us

Or the Devil in her eyes.

E is for all the Eternal happiness that we can only hope she can have

Or Every mischievous deed she can do.

N is for how Naïve all children are

Or how Nice her mother wants her to be.

I is for all the Intensity she puts into her playing

Or how Inviting she is to hold.

S is for how Shy we all want our little girls to be

Or how silly they really can be.

E is for Everything that little girls are to their fathers

Or Everything that my little girl, DENISE, is to me.

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert July 29, 2010 at 5:33 AM  

Wow! That is wonderful! You have quite a dad!

Emma Leigh July 29, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

You are so fortunate to have the dad you have. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa O July 29, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

I've seen you and your father together and know the beauty and depth of your relationship. Of all the things about you, I envy this the most.

Gina L July 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Denise - now that is a keeper... as is your dad. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

That is so lovely.

Denise August 2, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

Thanks you all. I don't even think my dad knows I posted this yet.
He and mom are driving to Iowa to visit relatives.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com