Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friends joined me on a morning walk

I have recently fallen in love with walking the Windham Rail Trail. This morning I decided to walk it from Salem to Windham then have breakfast at Windham Junction.

At about 2 miles into my walk I had to slow my pace because I ran into a few friends.

Can you think of a better way to start your Sunday than to walk on a path through nature enjoying the sights and sounds and encountering a few geese?

On my return walk I didn't run into new friends, but I did see the geese left their calling cards all over the trail. Wasn't that nice of them?

I didn't run into any more feathery friends. I did, however, listen to a couple of ground squirrels AKA chipmunks having a rather heated argument. Of course, they stopped chattering when I chuckled.

Then I heard this strange noise in the pond/swamp that was a tad eery. It sounded as if the Loch Ness Monster or a Slestak was rumbling beneath the lillie pads, moss, and brown water.

I kept looking for the creature that made the fire-breathing dragon noise and made the tiny hairs on my arms stand at attention, but alas, I did not find the culprit. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Ceri Hebert August 6, 2010 at 6:18 AM  

Very cool! New Hampshire needs it's own critter like Nessie. Maybe you've discovered it!

Anonymous August 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Took my son there today with my dad so they could ride bikes while I walked the dog. They did great ... 4 miles in and 4 miles back and they stopped to watch frogs and a snake and other critters. Me and the dog on the other hand... My dog is a diva and had NO INTEREST in walking today. I made it as far as the .05 mile marker. It's a great trail to walk / bike etc. Too bad my dog is lazier than me.

Gina Leuci
www.ginaleuci.com

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com