Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What childhood adage or diddy do you remember?

As I pumped gas into my car this morning, I glanced down and noticed a penny lying on the ground. The first thought that ran through my mind was a childhood adage.

Do you remember "Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck"? Do you pick it up?

Do you ever take an evening stroll and find yourself avoiding cracks in the sidewalk? Is it because of the phrase "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?

What other childhood sayings do you remember? Which ones do you swear are true?

3 comments:

The Belle in Blue August 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

I remember that one, but it's because of GREASE! LOL

The one I think of most often is "Rain, rain, go away . . ."

Denise August 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

I like that one too. Right now I'm asking for the rain.

Unknown August 18, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

My husband will stop traffic, in the rain, for pennies. I once caught him crawling under someone elses car, at night. But he is cheap not superstitious :)

I fondly remember my dear mom repeatedly saying, "Your ass is grass" to me. I do not, however, have a lawn back there. *turns to check*

I avoid cracks on occasion. Sometimes I hop from crack to crack on purpose *winks*

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com