Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The little things make us smile

I don't know about you but it's the little things in life that make me smile. You know, the things that you don't think about until it happens and then a grin spreads across your lips and your heart trips a little lighter.

Perhaps you come home from a long day at work and find your trash cans pulled up next to your garage so you don't have to trek back down to get them.

One of my favorites is when my neighbor hollers down the road and yells, "Chocolate pie!" Yes, Donna makes the best sugar free chocolate pie ever. I will literally and did this past Saturday drop everything and jog up the street to get some pie.

It's someone holding a door open even when your hands aren't full. It's a complete stranger offering to share his umbrella so you don't get soaked walking into the office.

Maybe you receive a quick phone call from a friend just to say "Hi."

As a writer, one of the things that makes me smile is when someone I gave a book to tells me her mother stole my book from her and is halfway through it and loving it.


What little things put a smile on your face?

7 comments:

Anonymous August 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

For me its when my husband of 11 years introduces me to people as "my bride"


Gina Leuci
www.ginaleuci.com

Unknown August 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Hearing my children laugh.

Denise August 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Aww. Gina and Robin - Those are both wonderful.

Loretta Wheeler August 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

All the things you mentioned put a smile on my face Denise, especially the sugar free pie!:) And Gina, oh my! I've never had your experience, but it sounds marvelous!

I have had John draw me a bath, or surprise me with something out of the blue...a bauble or a night out...love those:)

Also, finding something tucked in the mail from a friend...no clue that it was coming...that's a wonderful treat.

And this morning, Lil' Dickens reverted and did what he used to do to wake me, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I loved that...purrfect:)

Lo

MMJ August 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Checking on a friend's blog that he hasn't heard from for a while and sees that she's busy at work and doing well.

Emma Leigh August 24, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

For me -- listening to my kids actually getting along with each other.

Denise August 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Lo - Those sound lovely.
Emma Leigh - Very nice.

MJ - So nice to hear from you!! Starting to get back into blog. How goes the writing??

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com