Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A sense of accomplishment

There is nothing like stepping back from a project, taking a deep breath, and letting the air whoosh out of your lungs as a sense of accomplishment slides into your heart and a wide grin tugs at the corners of your mouth in satisfaction.

Late last night I stood back from my front porch after three days of physical labor and felt this rush of pride swell in my chest as my eyes focused on what I had accomplished. I transformed my porch from this plain wood thing to a place I want to sit after work with a cool drink and watch the world go by.

What do you think?



I stained every piece with this beautiful mahogany flame color and all the spindles and kick plates are a white primer followed by a white stain. Gorgeous if I do say so myself. Now my deck and porch have similar looks and I feel a symmetry going on.

Next up is to finish sanding and staining the driveway retaining wall.


What gives you a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction?

7 comments:

Anonymous September 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Well done, Denise. It looks great.


Gina
www.ginaleuci.com

Lori September 7, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Damm, you did a great job!!!

Denise September 8, 2010 at 5:20 AM  

Thank you ladies.

I like it!

kgoodman September 8, 2010 at 5:45 AM  

If I only knew you had this skill when you lived at home!

Love ya,
Dad

Denise September 8, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

Ha ha!

Love you Dad.

Emma Leigh September 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

It looks great!!! Wow you have been busy.

Denise September 9, 2010 at 5:03 AM  

Thanks Emma Leigh.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com