Monday, August 6, 2012

Countdown to Ireland and Irish Cream

Only twenty-three days before I leave for Ireland and twenty-five days until my half-marathon in Dingle.

I was speaking with a friend of mine this morning who brews his own beer from the hops he grows himself and he was telling me how he also makes his own Irish Cream.

It sounds so yummy, I had to share it with you.

Irish Cream Recipe:

1 cup heavy cream ( you can go healthier with light cream, half and half or even milk but….)

1 2/3 cup Jameson’s (or to your liking)
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons instant coffee (or shot of espresso if you can)
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon Almond extract

Blend it up real good and store in fridge in a sealed container. Shake it up and serve. WOW!!!

Thanks, Mike for the recipe!

0 comments:

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com