Thursday, March 28, 2013

Marine Corps Marathon...here I come!

 
Starting at noon yesterday, I and thirty thousand other people spent ninety minutes plus in front of computers hitting refresh, screaming, pounding fists on desks or legs as we tried repeatedly to get to the registration page for the Marine Corps Marathon. Unbelievably I got to the registration page four times and finally on the fourth attempt it appeared to work.
 
I received the official confirmation email at 7:30 last night. I'm in! What an amazing feeling. I am now wicked excited and nauseasly nervous.
 
This will be my first marathon! I figure if I'm going to go fo it I might as well go for it in a big way and at the best race. The Marine Corps Marathon is the best and I am thrilled to be a part of the 38th Marine Corps Marathon.
 
Every year I make a list of new things to try and this year, a marathon was at the top of my list.  Looks like I am going to get a shot at making that goal.
 
Now the hard part begins. Training. Lots and lots of training!

1 comments:

Anonymous March 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM  

Well, you had good luck getting in. Hopefully, Mom and I will be there to see you finish the race and accomplish another dream.

Love ya,
Dad

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com