Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Year's Resolution and Writing

With the New Year just around the corner, I think it is time to start think about a New Year's Resolution related to writing.

Last year, I had written down (yes, you must write your resolution down) that I wanted to get published. Wow! I did!

I also listed that I wanted to finish my second book. Whew! Did that with one month to spare. Bonus! I actually had it accepted to be published.

Plus, let's not forget that my one and only poem was published. That never even entered my mind when I wrote up my 2008 resolutions.

In 2009 readers will be looking for 2 books by me. It Happens In Threes and Killer Bunny Hill

Now for my writer's New Year's Resolution for 2009. You'll notice I am sharing this with all of you so my feet get held to the fire.

1. Finish my current WIP by February for submission. (And of course, hopefully published.)
2. Finish the teen novel I started. (No date on this one...just do it.)
3. Get one of my articles related to writing published in a magazine by September.
4. Get a DRAFT of a new novel to the end, but not necessarily polished by December.

Whew! That's a lot to accomplish but between you and me, if I want it bad enough I will get it.

Share some of your New Year's Resolution related to writing here. Remember to write the list down and if possible give everything dates, even if just the month as this will give you added incentive to do it.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

love the energy and enthusiasm you're bringing to this. I hope to do likewise. I want to finish a new novel that's only in the thinking stages, and maybe, if time permits, work on some others that are already underway. Finally, I want to publish a story in The New Yorker, a market I've never tapped.

David

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com