Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Grandmas are the greatest

I had originally planned on posting a writing prompt this morning. . .until I checked my mailbox this morning.

Inside my large white mailbox I found a package from my grandma who is known affectionately to my father as 'Mad Max'. Her real name is Maxine and she's my mother's mother.

Okay, so you know what happens when you receive a surprise package? You cannot wait to rip it open and see what is inside!

Of course, you're in your car driving and can't rip open that gosh darn tape meant to keep a 500-pound gorilla out so what did I do? I went to the little breakfast place around the corner from me, drug the box inside, and immediately asked for a pair of scissors.

After finally getting the tape off and ripping through the paper, I found a set of kitchen towels. Now these aren't just any towels. These are hand-embroidered kitchen towels that my grandmother stitched herself. They have little doggies on them doing various things and each one has the day of the week spelled out on it.

How cool is that?

Grandmas are absolutely the greatest and I am all over anything that is made by hand.

Thank you Grandma! Hugs and kisses...and lots of love!

BTW - Can I have a set of towels with kitties on them? :-)

2 comments:

Kgoodman April 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Denise,

I loved the BLOG entry. Grandma will be proud of you and the nice compliments.

Love ya,

Emma Leigh April 8, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

You are so fortunate to have your grandma still. My grandma and I used to spend hours together as she taught me to knit. I have so many things she made for me that I will treasure always. She still after 10 years is a huge loss to me.

Great post -- I loved reading it!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com