Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is one way of hearing how someone likes your book

Remember a month or so back how I posted about a guy giving me his card and asking me to call him one morning while I was pumping gas at my local gas station?

This morning I had to fill-up and as I stood there freezing my tail off at the pump someone honked the horn. Figuring it was some car honking at another on the street, I didn't look up.

My mistake. The next thing I know, someone is yelling my name from the road. I look up and there is the same guy sitting in a big truck on the road. He blocked traffic to shout, "I read your book."

Cool! My response was, "Well?"

To which he replied, "I really liked it!"

"Excellent!" I hollered.

Then before he rolled away, he shouted for me to call him.

Good start to a day!

4 comments:

Shannon Baker April 13, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

This time, you've really got to call him. Inquiring minds want to know how this will work out!

Cheri Allan April 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Okay, Denise, you've got us hooked! Now, finish the story! :)

Emma Leigh April 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

You definitely need to call him now. Great start for your day for sure.

Gina L April 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Inquiring minds want to know... have you called him?

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com