Friday, December 10, 2010

An authors loves to hear

I love weeks like this!

The other day when I was at breakfast a woman who is reading NEVER TEMPT DANGER told me, "The book is getting really good. I was still reading at 2 in the morning."

HA! That's my idea of being hooked.

A couple who have read all my books (yes, both of them) introduced me to their kids as "their favorite local author."

Love the warm and fuzzy feeling that gave me.

A blogger contacted me and said she is just waiting to see my name on the list of attending authors for the Authors After Dark.

Then another reader emailed me to let me know she is loving my books (She's read NEVER TEMPT DANGER, CONNECT THE DOTS, and has KILLER BUNNY HILL) and is going to give one of them to the local library and convince them to carry the others.

I love hearing these things. I am feeling the author love.

OH! Wait! One more. A friend of mine called me from Minnesota and the first thing out of his mouth was "My family wants to know when the next book is coming out?"

Is he kidding me? NEVER TEMPT DANGER came out less than two months ago.

What do I have to say about that. Double arm pump and "Yippee! I'm one of those authors who can't write fast enough for her readers."

I have authors I love that can't write enough for me so that is an amazing feeling.

What does all this do for me? Makes me want to write and write and write some more. I've written 2500 words this week just by writing a little each morning.

For those of you that read my books and send me messages, "Thank you. You are great inspiration."

1 comments:

Unknown December 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

If one ever deserved such inspiration it would be you dear! I too am anxiously awaiting your next spectacular installment!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com