Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today is my birthday and I’m giving away a book


To help me celebrate my birthday I don’t require a birthday cake (although for the record…I like chocolate) or even a birthday card. I will, however, get a call from my sister who will sing “Happy Birthday” to me. Love that!!

What I need from you to help me celebrate a day where I get a year older but look a year younger is a book giveaway.

And since it’s also writing prompt Wednesday, I thought I would encompass the writing prompt with the book giveaway.

How does this work?

All you have to do is finish the sentence below. If you feel compelled to write more than a sentence then hey! who am I to argue.

Leave your sentence and your email address and I’ll draw a winner at random on Sunday.

Here is the sentence you have to finish:

All she wanted for her birthday was. . .

4 comments:

Unknown September 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

All she wanted for her birthday was the two men in the front of her to sit still and stop twitching. It was difficult enough to detangle their flaxen waves without causing undue damage to their proud manes.

She would never be so improper as to ask how the two because thus bound, but her very improper mind could not stop imaging the most scandalous scenarios. The faster she got the two handsome royals out of her humble cottage the better.

Happy BIRTHDAY Denise!!!!

Scott Romanski September 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

All she wanted for her birthday was love.

Happy Birthday Denise

Deedee M. September 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM  

All she wanted for her birthday was a moment of peace and quiet! But between the pounding of the door and the ringing of not one but two phones this was not to be. You'd think at least on her birthday people would leave her along but alas...no. Instead her sister needs money and her mother's calling with men trouble again! What is she supposed to know about that! Her without a man in sight. Dang, who is that banging on the door?!

Happy Birthday Denise!

Denise September 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM  

Thanks all for the wishes and the words!!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com