Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dewey Read-a-thon Wrap up

I made it thru another 24-hour Dewey Read-a-thon. Yea!! It's always fun to pick out books to read and share with other folks and even more fun to meet new readers, book bloggers, and hosts of the event.

This is an event that I do every year. I highly recommend it!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

The most daunting hour was at about hour 14. I had to get up, get some caffeine, eat some peanut butter, and walk outside to keep me going. But it worked!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

For me, what works the best is to read books under 300 pages. They are long enough to suck you in to the story, but short enough to keep you awake and move on to the next one.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Honestly, I cannot think of a thing that would improve the read-a-thon.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

The Twitter hashtag #readathon was tremendous! A terrific way to meet other participants and to keep up with the mini-challenges, etc. Love the cheerleaders!

5. How many books did you read?

This time I read 6 books. After the first two long reads I had to switch it up and grab a couple of short reads.

6. What were the names of the books you read?

'Til Death by Sharon Sala
Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham
Dark Fire by Elizabeth Lowell
Fever by Elizabeth Lowell
Sweet Wind, Wild Wind by Elizabeth Lowell
Dangerous Refuge by Elizabeth Lowell

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

I liked them all, but I am always partial to Sharon Sala so I loved 'Til Death.

8. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Are you kidding? I look forward to this event twice a year. I will be there in October...as long as it's not the same weekend as the Marine Corps Marathon. Please don't let it be the last weekend in October. :-)

0 comments:

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com