Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Thought provoking Tuesday question wants to know "How many pair of jeans do you own?"

Most folks have at least one pair. I mean, a wardrobe isn’t complete without at least one pair, right? Well, my mom may not agree…but she is my mom.

I’ll go first and I’ll lie because OH-MY-GOSH I own too many. I admit it I am a jeans fanatic.

I own over 30 pair. Yup, you read that correctly. Three-zero pair.

I own about ten pair of Polo Saturday jeans, which they no longer make. I bought a bunch of them when I heard they were discontinuing them. I even have some that I have not ever worn still on the hangers. Not to worry though, these are the jeans that I will wear until they wear out and then I use them for painting or staining or I cut them off in the summer and use them for yard shorts. That way it doesn’t matter if they get dirty or ruined. And let me tell you, I have destroyed my share of jeans with the way I play in my garden or decide to stain a deck or paint a wall.

I have petite jeans because I am short and so I don’t always have to wear heels in order for my jeans not to drag on the ground. I have plenty more that our regular length so I wear boots or some type of heel with them. Makes me look taller too.

I also own about twenty pairs of J. Jill jeans. Hm. Talk about obsessive. With these, I have about three different colors. I own dark-wash, medium-wash, and a pair or two of faded-wash. Mostly I wear the medium blue color because they go with everything.

This sounds like a lot, but I live in New England so except for summer, I can easily wear jeans ten months out of twelve. As a matter of fact, I own a few pairs of calf-length jeans for summer evenings outdoors. Bonus - I can wear jeans to work. . .thank goodness.

The thing about jeans is that you can dress them up or down. I can wear them with a T-shirt or Boston Sox baseball shirt, toss on a pair of cute white sneakers and I look casual and ready to go to a baseball game. Or I can wear a silk blouse and a pair of leather boots or leather, high-heeled sandals and look fabulous enough to go out on a date or to work or anywhere.

How many pairs of jeans do I actually wear? I probably rotate about ten pair at a time.

Now that I have admitted my jeans vice, tell me about yours. How many pair do you own?

7 comments:

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

I probably have 8 pair, but I am only wearing 2 of them cause I love them. I need to add another pair to the rotation. I cannot say what they are without walking up 5 flights of steps to look, and really what good would the exercise be, unless you count perhaps fitting into the other 6 pairs some day.

Whey the hell are they called pairs though!?

Denise April 26, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

That's a darn good question.

I never counted. One day I was cleaning out my closet and a friend of mine stopped over and counted. I guess she had nothing better to do. Or she wanted to prove I was nuts.

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

HA! I would totally come count your jeans babe!

Denise April 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

hm...is that cuz you think i'm crazy, too?

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

Of course not!!! I just think it would be a great excuse to travel and visit the bested author ever!

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

BESTEST! *slaps head*

Denise April 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Great answer!
Fell free to come count. :-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com