Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 - A Year in Review

With 2011 coming to a close I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the year.

Was it a good year for you? What did you do this year? What did you accomplish? What are you proud of? What did you try or experience?

Me? Hmm. Let me see.

My writer side of my personality finished my 5th novel and started my 6th. Yea me! I also presented a workshop at the Rhode Island Romance Writers conference. Loved that!

The athlete in me ran more 5Ks this year than the previous year. That was a personal goal for myself and I did it so I’m happy. I did a run/walk with my Dad on Thanksgiving morning, which was probably the best event. I did the Santa Run in a Santa suit in December with some friends and laughed my hiney off the entire time I was wheezing in the cold.
I started working out with a trainer 2 to 3 times a week. Wow! Does she know how to kick my butt, but I am grateful as my backside has never looked so good.
I played snow softball with people I just met. Talk about a way to meet new friends…just run around a softball field in 2 feet of snow trying to find a big white ball. You’ll become fast friends!

The gardener in me planted more flowers and fruit trees and built my own retaining wall. Not to mention cut up part of the gigantic Ash tree that crashed into my deck. One of the first things I accomplished in my yard this past year was to build my own firepit.

I took more voice lessons the beginning part of the year, but did not do the recital. Yup, I’m a big chicken. I admit it! One of these days I will actually sing in front of people. I know! That will be the same day I get on the NY Times Best Sellers list. [GRIN]

My outgoing personality (I’m really very introverted) allowed me to meet some new friends. One of the new friends I met when we both got lost in a 5K race. Now Kathie and I take a map with us when we run. Are we smart or what? Actually, we’re just quick learners.
I met Dave and Beth at one of the mystery events I do with author CJ West and they are the ones who roped me into playing snow softball. How could I not fall in love with them?

The adventurer in me finally got off her duff and took a vacation. I didn’t just go anywhere. I followed the signs and traveled to Kenmare, Ireland. One of the prettiest places on earth and I highly recommend it to everyone. Cannot wait to go back!

Speaking of Irish. I not only drank Guinness but I learned to really like it. So much so that when some friends asked me to make beer with them, I made a Dry Irish Stout…80 bottles of it. Mm…mm. It’s magically delicious.

0 comments:

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com