Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What’s on your Christmas Wish List?

With Christmas only 18 days away, have you written your Christmas wish list? What’s on it? Come on! Share!

Do you have stocking stuffer ideas, items that fit under the Christmas tree, or only those items Santa Claus himself can bring? Or maybe some of all of the above?

Me? I have a little of everything.

In the stocking stuffer category, I have books. Yup, you heard me, books. Any book will do. Remember when you were a kid and you got those Lifesaver Holiday books? The little cardboard books filled with assorted Lifesaver candies. Yum. I loved those! I’ll still take those in my stocking.

Oh! Remember those candy cane tubes filled with lip-gloss? They still have those! Those were terrific stocking stuffers and I never had chapped lips. Now, I like my Kriss Cosmetics lip-gloss peeking out the top of my fuzzy stocking hanging above the fireplace.

What do you want to find under your tree?

Me? There’s really not much. I’m always up for a new laptop. What writer wouldn’t be? Of course, airline tickets to Ireland would be a lovely surprise. Especially since I’m going to be doing my very first half marathon in Dublin next August. Audiobooks! Thanks to an outrageous commute, I go through audiobooks like water so receiving audiobooks as a gift is a real treat. And alpaca sweater would be kinda cool and very soft!Yes, alpaca is something I have recently fallen in love with. I am always on a search for alpaca socks. Hey! No snickering.

What can Santa bring me?

Hmm. Well… Okay, the writer side of me would like Santa to find a publicist for me and my books. Someone who will shout to the world that they should read my books. Then I can watch them go flying off the shelf. Ah, well, that’s one fantasy.

Or perhaps Santa can find a movie company that wants to make a movie out of one or all of my romantic suspense novels. Holy cow, can you imagine? My feet would never hit the ground again.

Last but certainly not least on this writer’s Christmas wish list for Santa… Wait for it! Wait for it!

Santa feel free to leave under my tree one of my heroes from my books come to life, half-naked and tied up with a big red bow, strategically placed in all the right places. Now that’s what I call the BEST Christmas present.

Go ahead, Santa! I’ll be waiting for Christmas morning.

PS. Don’t forget I’m an early riser so be sure to deliver the hero early. [WINK]

3 comments:

Unknown December 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

LOL, there is absolutely no way I can top your list. For Christmas I got some lotion (in all the flavors) and a video game. I am always getting myself books, so those do not count ;)

I hope all your holiday dreams and wishes come true!!!

Denise December 8, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

The lotion has flavors? Hmm.

Wishing you a happy holiday!

Unknown December 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

YES, FLAVORS! Strawberry & Guava, Pomegranate & Mango, Glazed Apple & Walnut, Blackberry & Vanilla, and Sugar Plum & Vanilla.

Now I would not recommend eating them unless in a pinch, but my legs always smell delicious!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com