Friday, December 16, 2011

On the Fourth Day of Cookie Christmas

...my true love gave to me...my favorite oatmeal cookie.

This recipe came from my mom's Better Homes and Gardens cookbooke from like 1960 something. Dad said it could be even older than that. It's older than me and she still has it. I'm so glad she does because she emailed me the recipe so I could share it with you all and with my friends at this weekend's cookie party.

I used to make these cookies for every high school event and oh, yeah, you've heard the saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Well, I used this recipe to help snatch my high school sweetheart.

Nothing but good stuff happens when you bake and eat these cookies. Hope you enjoy them as much as I know I will this weekend.

OATMEAL CRISP Cookie Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped California walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

Thoroughly cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
Stir together flour, salt, and soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in rolled oats and nuts. Mix.

Form dough in rolls, 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, aluminum foil or clear plastic. Wrap. Chill thoroughly.

With sharp knife, slice cookies about 1/4 inches thick. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in moderate oven (350 degrees) 10 minutes or till lightly browned. Makes about 5 dozen.

0 comments:

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com