Monday, February 6, 2012

Couch Potato to 5K - Week Two

My journey to a half-marathon continues this week, with week two of Couch Potato to 5K workout.

How did you do last week?

I felt pretty good at the end of the week. This morning's workout was a little challenging. I mean I had to jog 90 seconds straight. Sheesh! But I did it.

Join me for the fun and the routine and let's see what happens.

Week 2: Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Brisk five-minute warmup walk
Alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes
Cool down for another five minutes

Tuesday and Thursday are cross-training days. These days you build muscles or play another sport so you strengthen muscles. Strengthening is just as important as the running because strong muscles prevent injuries.

My Tuesday and Thursday workouts Week 2 include walking on a high incline, abdominal exercises, along with light weights for arms and legs.

For cross-training exercises I'm doing lightweight bicep curls and tricep presses. I also do flies to work chest muscles. I do these on a fitness ball so I have to balance myself. My leg workout consists of wall squats, no weights and calf raises. One day a week I do walking lunges.

0 comments:

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com