Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gardening is so much fun. . .and wicked hard work!

What did you do this weekend?


My garden/yard is another creative side of me that I like to share every once and a while.

The first three pictures show what I accomplished on Saturday. . .cleaning out my rock wall.

Look at all those leaves and limbs!


The next three photos show what I worked on Sunday, the hottest day of the year so far.

It only took 6 bottles of water to get all this work done. Can you imagine how dirty I was by the time I finished. Not a pretty picture!

Where did all the trees and leaves go? Did you see the tiger lilies I planted near the wall?

9 comments:

Denise August 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

I have dirt in my eyes. . .still.

April August 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Sounds like dirty, sweaty, hard work! Looks great though! You the woman - I would have passed out inside the house with the air conditioning cranked, lol!

Denise August 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

April -

I did the passing out afterwards.
Next weekend there will be colorful flowers along the wall!

April August 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Awesome! Are you gonna post pics of those? I hope so!

Denise August 17, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Absolutely! I love flowers.

I think that's the only reason I bought a house. . .just so I could play in the dirt. :-)

Marianne Arkins August 18, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

Gardening in NH is a constant battle. I feel like I've been weeding non-stop since March, lol.

But it's so worth it.

Marianne Arkins August 18, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

Wish you were closer -- I have a zillion different flowers, plants and ground cover I need homes for: seedum, phlox, black-eyed susans, coneflower... and more.

Denise August 18, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Marianne,

Are you kidding?

I drove two hours to visit a girlfriend a couple of months back and dig in her yard. :-)

D

Marianne Arkins August 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Well then... come on up and bring boxes! I've been weeding the extra plants and throwing them in my compost. It breaks my heart...

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com