Thursday, August 20, 2009

Write where you live

It's time to do something different, something interesting, and what I hope you all will think is fun.

Where do you write? At a desk? On the sofa? Is your workspace cluttered, neat as a pin? Do you have anything you keep around for inspiration?

Writers - Share pictures of your writing space. Send me an email at deniserobbins2003@yahoo.com with a picture or two and a blurb/bio about you and your writing. If you have a website or blog, pass that along as well.

In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures of my indoor workspace. Some of you know that I love writing on my deck and I have posted a couple of pictures.

This is my desk in my office where I have everything I need to be a good little writer. I've got a comfy chair to sit on and another I move into when I need to take a break. Of course, I have a bookshelf with various books for research and others. In addition, I have a printer or two (cuz one always runs out of ink), and on the walls are framed pictures of street signs that have my characters names.

This is one of my fluffly distractions, Mayhem.

Here you see my two two fuzzy guys finding their respective comfy spots so we can get down to writing business.
This little fur ball is my other distraction, Mischief.

I almost always have a soda, usually Mountain Dew with the occasional Coke sitting near by for that much needed caffeine rush.

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert August 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Oh you don't want to see mine! At the moment it's so unbelievably cluttered!!

And I'm surrounded by bags of stuffed animals.

But my writing space is a desk in my dining room.

Craig Hart August 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

I love pictures of authors' writing spaces. Good blog post!

Tonya Kappes August 21, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

I write in my van, under a big tree where ever my kids are...my pen and paper aren't too far behind. Sometimes they will say "oh that...my mom's a writer." I guess I can look like a freak to teenagers. Happy FREAK!!!

Denise August 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

Ceri -

My computer is a laptop just so I can move my office anywhere.

Thanks, Jack -

I thought this would be a different post.

Tonya -

Tell your kids take a picture the next time their writer mom is writing in the van. :-)

And I'm the same...I carry paper and pen everywhere. When inspiration hits, you have to get it down.

April August 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

You have got the cutest kitties I have ever seen!!!

Denise August 27, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

Aww. Thanks, April.
I think they's pretty cute too!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com