Sunday, January 24, 2010

Picture is worth a thousand words...but can you write the thousand words?

Sunday morning I was sitting in Panera working on chapter 5 of my WIP when I checked Twitter and saw a link from @TheWritersDen (AKA David Hunter) put up a link to a gorgeous picture of dawn over a city.

Shivers ran through me when I saw the image and of course I had to leave a comment. David posted a few pictures, all just as gorgeous and as riveting as the first. Then it hit me that it would be interesting to try and describe the photo with words. Apparently, David and I were on the same page because he graciously agreed to allow me to post the image as a writing prompt. A first for both of us.

To view all the photos David took at sunrise please go here. http://inkypaw.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/dawn-in-the-city/. David also has a wonderful blog that talks about writing. Check it out here: The Writer's Den.

On with our beautiful prompt. The old adage of "A picture is worth a thousand words" is our goal. Can you describe David Hunter's picture in 1000 words? Don't be just literal, but share the feelings in the image. I chose the Imminent Sunrise picture because of the three David posted he seemed to like that one best.



















To see the Imminent Sunrise photo on David's photo site go here http://inkypaw.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/imminent-sunrise/

1 comments:

Loretta Wheeler January 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

It's a beautiful shot...when I witness a scene like that, I think of beginning's...and ending's. It's a whole new day, leaving an evening behind...what was, and what is both caught in a fleeting moment.

Loretta

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com