Monday, February 14, 2011

Cheeseburger in Paradise


Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Bacon Cheeseburgers, and any other kind of burger.

Today the rest of the world is discussing Valentine's Day, love, boxes of chocolates, and best dates. I thought it would be more interesting to talk about burgers.

No, not a McDonald's or Burger King burger, but a little place you like to go to eat a burger when you have the craving.

I am actually not a huge hamburger fan, but on occasion I do get a craving and when I do, I want it now. For example, yesterday. I was driving to the paint store to pick up some paint (obviously) to paint a little table for my library. As I was driving, this little pang of hunger hit me and I thought, "Cheeseburger."

Seriously! That is how my mind and stomach work together. It's actually worse than that. My stomach was very specific as to where I wanted the cheeseburger from. It spoke to my head and said, "Windham Junction."

Not kidding!

When I was in the paint store the guy behind the counter asked one of the girls there if she wanted to get lunch. He said he wanted a burger.

I asked him, "Where are you going to get a hamburger from?"

OMG! Yes, he said, "Windham Junction."

That clinched it for me. After painting my table, I packed myself up into my car and bolted to Windham Junction for one of the best cheeseburgers.

What makes a good cheeseburger or hamburger? Or what draws you to a particular place for a burger? I mean you can get a burger almost anywhere, right?

Well, what makes the burger so ggod at Windham Junction is not just the fact that it is made fresh right when you order, but that the bread is not a typical bun. It doesn't come from some grocery store plastic bag. It isn't served on a sesame seed bun. It's a fresh type of ciabatta roll. It's soft and delicious and unlike any bun you've ever had a burger on.

The meat is cooked just right so it's not dry and is Angus beef. You can hear it sizzling in the background while you wait with hunger pangs gnawing at the inside of your stomach. Then, of course, they don't assume you want cheddar for your cheese, you get a choice of cheese as well as toppings.

Let's just say this is one burger you will eat even when you are beyond full.

Where do you go for a great, out of the box, hamburger? Why?

2 comments:

Unknown February 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

I just ate but this still made my hungry. The only place I have burgers is at McDonalds *hangs head*. I need to become more burger worldly.

Denise February 17, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

HA! Robin - I treat myself to a McDonald's cheeseburger whenever I go shopping in Maine.

It's very rare, but I swear that is the one thing I get when I drive back out of town and head home.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com