Saturday, March 6, 2010

Funny thing happened on the way to work...

I stopped at the gas station. Okay, that's not the interesting part, but what happened to me at the gas station put a smile on my face.

While standing at the pump in my funny lime green hat with pink and brown flowers on it trying to keep warm while the pump did its thing, a guy I had seen at the gas station before walked over to me, introduced himself, and gave me his business card. We shook hands as I introduced myself and he told me that if I ever needed any plumbing or heating to give him a call then he moved off to finish up at the pump.

I didn't have a business card handy, but let's not forget that I am a writer so what do you think I gave this man with the nice smile?

When I finished with the gas, I reached into the trunk of my car and pulled out a copy of Connect the Dots then walked over and handed him the book. The wide-eyed expression on his face made a little spurt of laughter bubble up inside my chest. I love seeing that surprised look on people's faces.

Then this tall, smiling man asked me if I was single and if I would have dinner with him sometime. Now who was grinning ear-to-ear?

That's right, me. I walked away from our brief encounter with a kick in my step and a smile on my face that warmed me more than any hat or jacket could.

All this this took place before 6:30 in the morning and set the tone for a very nice day.

4 comments:

Emma Leigh March 6, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

You go girl!!! Life's good -- enjoy it!

Shannon Baker March 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Courage pays off! I hope the date is as much fun as the meeting.

Cheri Allan March 6, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

He better like the book! (Handsome and handy? A winning combo!) :)

Keith March 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

You need to check this guy out relative to a tall lader and whether he can paint and spackle walls. He may be real handy to have around and save you from falling off of ladders. :)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com