Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has sprung so let's have some fun!!

Here's your chance to take a trip down memory lane, celebrate spring and baseball, and possibly win a free copy of CONNECT THE DOTS.

When you were a kid and in school, do you remember a game your teacher would play with the whole class where you had to guess the number of jelly beans that were in a jar and the person closest to the actual number won the jar of jelly beans?

First, let me digress for a second. Didn't you ever wonder who in their right mind would actually sit there and count the jelly beans one by one?

Now you know. Some crazy author who wants to have some fun. Only, just so you know, I know why someone would volunteer to count the jelly beans that fit in a jar. The answer is simple. One for the jar, POP, one for me. One jelly bean for the jar, two jelly beans for me.

On with the fun!

Let's play jelly beans in a jar...or in this case, M&Ms in a water jug. Not just any water jug, but a Boston Red Sox water bottle. Wanna see your jar and your prize?

Here you go.

Here's how to play:

Post a comment here with your guess as to the number of M&Ms you think are in the Red Sox bottle.

Whoever comes closest to the actual count will win the jug and a copy of my latest novel, CONNECT THE DOTS.

You have until Thursday to place your guess.

The winner will be announced on Friday.

11 comments:

Unknown March 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

ohhh.... fun! My guess is 262 M&M's :)

Have a great day dear!

Ceri Hebert March 24, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

I'll say 300 M & M's

HAPPY SPRING!

Emma Leigh March 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

I say 303 M&M's. Happy to see warm weather coming.

BreiaB March 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

357

what a cool game.

Reena Jacobs March 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

After counting the M&M one by one...okay. So I couldn't do that. But I'm guestimating 463

LeslieJane March 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and guessing 423. Since I am addicted to both M&Ms and reading, this could feed bothmy addictions. Plus, I made a New Year's Resolution to win at least 5 contests a month, and have not done well this month at all, and need the wins.

ps. Love the picts of the cats.

angie March 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

I'm going to guess a lot higher than than others just because:) I am going to go with 680. Thanks for the fun giveaway!!

April March 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Oh! What a fun idea!!! I'm going to guess 520! By the way, I'm just playing, no need to enter me for you awesome book, since I am blessed with my own! :)
Hope you are having a great wkend!

Scott Romanski March 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

I'll guess 757

Denise March 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Wow! Love all the guesses. Stay tuned tomorrow as I will announce the winner!

Thanks for playing.

Denise March 31, 2010 at 5:06 AM  

Winner announced here: http://deniserobbins.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-winner-is.html

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com