Monday, November 1, 2010

Never Tempt Danger and interview in ITW Big Thrill Webzine

There are days where waking up and logging on are so worth it. Today is one of those days!

In my email I received the latest edition of the The Big Thrill, International Thriller Writers webzine. In it is an interview I gave with Clea Simon about my latest novel, Never Tempt Danger.

It's very thrilling for me to see my name, my book, and my interview listed with authors I read and admire like Heather Graham, Carla Neggers, and David Baldacci.

So yes, you can imagine me seeing this article for the first time and hooting with joy, spinning around with enthusiasm, and doing a little jig in glee. Then, of course, forwarding it to everyone I know!

I will top off this fizzy excitement with two other little ditties that happened. A woman I know who refuses to buy my books from me because she wants to support me (Isn't that sweet.), bought two copies of Never Tempt Danger, one for her and one for a friend. Then she asked me to sign them. Attached to the front of the book she asked me to sign for her friend was a note. Here's where I get a little red-faced with embarrassment, but at the same time my heart jumps and does little pirouettes in my chest.

The note read: "If you like Janet Evanovich, you will love Denise even better."

Wha?! My eyes bugged out. Someone actually compared me to Janet. Way cool!

A neighbor to my parents in Florida read a copy of Never Tempt Danger then went over to their house and praised my writing and my creativity, asking, "Where does she come up with such stories?" Followed by, "Where can I get her other books because the library doesn't have them?"

I, being the cheeky chick that I am, have volunteered to send Peggy a copy of another book and one for her to donate to the library. Maybe that will make them sit up and take notice.

Hope you have a wonderful and cheeky day like me!

7 comments:

Shannon Baker November 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

So cool. Congrats!

Denise November 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Shannon - Thanks so much!

Pauline November 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

Mega congrats!!!

Anonymous November 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

I have finally finished the Connect the Dots and am starting Never Tempt Danger. I am so very excited. Each book keeps getting better and better. Thanks for writing these books because I am finally excited to read a book. SO MUCH I TELL EVERYONE!!!

Congrats!!!! Well deserved!!! I am proud of my Big Sis!!!!

BookObsessedGrl November 2, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Congrats, Denise!!! All of it is so cool! Wish I hadn't been sick so I could have posted it out everywhere immediately.
((HUGS))

Cindy Sample November 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Congrats Denise and so well deserved. And I love that eye-popping cover.

Denise November 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Thanks Cindy and BookObsessed! Means a lot you all stopped by and left a note. HUGS!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com