Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Writer's block broken

Who would have thought one little accident could do so much for writer's block.

Yesterday I blogged about signs and Fate and how Fate listens to what we throw out there. In particular, I told you about my accident with a ladder late Sunday afternoon and how I took it as a sign to stop painting my house and get my derriere back to writing.

With a big smile on my face, I am happy to report that Fate was correct. I have been working on this one chapter every Sunday for over a month, except this past Sunday when I did not write anything. While recuperating yesterday from my run in with the ladder, I finished the chapter that has given me so much trouble. I not only finished it, but I started the next chapter.

To top it off, I sent that chapter to my father, who is also my first round editor, and he did not change a thing. You'd have to know my father to understand what that means. He ALWAYS finds something. And I'm grateful. On the occasions when he doesn't find anything for me to fix or tweak, I know I've hit the mark when he sends a note back that says, "Loved it!" or "Great job!" When he doesn't send those little blips, I know I have not quite hit the mark on the chapter. ( I bet he doesn't even realize he does that.)

Yesterday was a good day because he not only offered no changes, but he included on of his "Great!" sentiments.

Yes, I am back in the saddle again and I owe it all to Fate and the ladder that is still lying dead on the floor in the middle of my dining room. I growl at it every time I walk by.

5 comments:

Michelle February 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

!! Denise - great you're writing again but !! I had a feeling that wall was going to be trouble.... and btw I think you did too - your description of it (weeks ago) sounded scary. What happened to all the cushions you were supposed to put under it?

Lecture over... hope you look after yourself and let yourself recover. :)

Denise February 17, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

That's the nicest lecture I've ever received.

I am recovering by sitting on my chaise in my bedroom where I actually have a bed now. :-)

Michelle February 17, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I know what it's like when the internal pen needs re-inking. I've had trouble for weeks now (even reading has been hard). Instead of stressing about it though I'm just taking a break. I can feel things starting to regenerate, so I'm not worried. I've got several reviews to write.. including yours :) I really enjoyed CTD and IHIT btw.

Denise February 17, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Funny how that internal pen knows when it's time to rest and time to change the ink.

Aww. Glad you enjoyed the stories. So...which did you like best?

Michelle February 17, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

For me Connect the Dots beats IHIT but only by a cookie crumb. It was a close race. :D

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com