Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to. . .

Happy birthday to ME!

Yes, today I am celebrating my birthday so blow up the balloons, sound the whistles and horns, toss confetti, and my favorite. . .drink champagne and eat cake.

I don't know about you all but a birthday is not a REAL birthday without cake. The cake cannot be just any cake. It has to be a Chambord Torte. Chambord and raspberry mousse layered in between dark chocolate cake. Mmm. My fave!

No, I do not require candles on the cake. Just lots of shaved chocolate pieces!

The champagne is Veuve Cliquot. OMG! This is just the best! Ask my friends.

I will be celebrating this event all week long! Help me celebrate the day I was born and forever more became known as "Sweet Cheeks" in my father's eyes.

What are you going to do to help me celebrate? Come on, put your thinking caps on, spin that propeller on that beanie, or just think like me (scary thought).

3 comments:

Winslow September 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Have a sip of Veuve Cliquot for me. It is the loveliest champagne, in my view. Mostly because it's what Rick served Ilsa at Rick's Cafe in Casablanca. But you knew that. Happy birthday!

Denise September 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Winslow,

I did not know that but it is forever more embedded in my memory. Cool!

Thank you!

D

Anonymous September 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Hey my friend, sorry I missed your big day! I hope you enjoyed your cake and champagne and here's to a fabulous birthday week.


Gina
www.ginaleuci.com

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com