Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September is my favorite month. . .find out why

September is my favorite month for a couple of reasons.

First, this is the month we go from blistering hot to breezes and cool nights when we go from summer to fall. Yards and trees go from green to brilliant shades of yellow, orange, and red. We go from wearing peek-a-boo shorts during the day to jeans and a snuggly sweater at night. Instead of listening to the air conditioner kick on and hum, we listen to the crackle of logs on a roaring fire and the smell of marshmallows toasting over the open flame.

Can you tell I love fall?

It's funny, but summer and fall are my favorite seasons. Summer is when everything comes to life including us and we celebrate the outdoors. Fall is a celebration of color, long walks, and coziness.

Another reason I love September is that it is the month of my birth. Yes, September is my birthday! That being said, I am taking a page out of a friend of mine's book rather than celebrate my birthday for just that one day, it is my intention to celebrate my birthday all month long.

Oh! Don't even think about asking me my age! :-)

First, the month is nine days down and I have yet to celebrate. Well, that may not be totally true. I did spend Sunday planting a bunch of flowers and I ordered a boat load of bulbs that I will get to plant when they arrive.

Other than that, nope, I haven't even had a bottle of champagne yet. That's because the actual day has not arrived.

So how do I celebrate all month and where do you come in?

I am so very glad you asked. :-)

1. I still need a digital picture of a street sign with the name Charley on it. For those of you who don't know, my friend Gina Leuci takes pictures of street signs as a hobby and because they make terrific and unique gifts when framed.

In my case, the names on the street signs are names of my characters in my novels. Cool idea, huh? Anyway, you can help me celebrate my birthday by sending me a picture of the name Charley on it. I would be grateful in the form of a book.

I will gladly exchange a copy of either of my books for a picture of a green "Charley" street sign.

2. If you live in New England and are reading my book for your book club, email me and invite me to your meeting. Send me a picture of your club reading one of my novels.

3. If you don't live in New England and are reading my book for your book club, email me and invite me to be on a phone call with your group to discuss the book.

4. Signup for the Wine Mystery Event I am planning with Zorvino Vineyards on November 13, 2009 by clicking here.

5. Attend a group book event at the Borders store in Concord, NH on Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 2 PM. Join Nora LeDuc, CJ West, and me for some suspense and mystery.

6. Need a speaker for an upcoming event, why not ask a local author? Email me.

7. Are you a published author? Would you like to have your book featured in my Book-A-Week Challenge and an interview posted on my blog? Email me.

Last but not least. . .

Beyond all these nice and lovely things that would make my birthday celebration all the better, what I need or would like from you all are some other suggestions how you think I could celebrate?

What would you do for 30 days to celebrate your special month?

Post your ideas or comments back here. I look forward to reading your ideas. In the meantime, I have to go finish responding to last week's writing prompt and then read!

7 comments:

Michelle September 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

A professional hr massage once a week;
Restaurant (not takeaway) meal once a week;
Movie (at the theatre) once a week;
Sleeping late once a week;
a whole day with a good book once a week;
a cleaner in once a week;
a whole day at home with my family once a week
Think that's 7 days taken care of.

Michelle September 9, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

oh and happy birthmonth!

Denise September 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Thanks, Michelle!

Great suggestions. I especially like the massage idea and the cleaner idea.

I do not even remember the last time I went to a movie. And it would have to be a chick flick! :-)

Michelle September 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Don't think about it do it! Book that massage now!

Denise September 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Too late tonight, but I will tomorrow. I've been wanting one for months so now I am going to do it.

Thank you for the push!

Lisa Olech September 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I, too, love September. Also my birthday month, and the month I got married so there are at least two celebration days for me! I highly suggest lobster and champagne!

Denise September 10, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

See...September is a great month!

What day is your bday, Lisa?

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com