Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How I dealt with losing my WIP data

Once I got past the crying and whining and depression of losing all the writing I've done for my current book, I took out my frustration on my walls.

No, I did not take a hammer to the walls, although, now that I think of it. Hm. Maybe next time. There better not be a next time.

Anyway, during the holiday I was able to get past my frustrations by painting. I painted the master bedroom this really warm Brookside Moss green. The short wall in the room was painted with a paler shade of green called Fernwood. That one I did not like as much so I painted all the other walls the moss color. See the pictures of my work in progress.










The color was so scrumptious I even painted the master bath the same moss green.

Ever since my dad and I put up the glass tiles in the spare bath above the shower, I knew I had to repaint the bathroom. This color is called Splendor. I call it mushroom. Depending on the time of day it looks beige or green. Funky!





While I was updating the paint, I decided why not freshen up my office. It didn't really need it but what the heck. The key to this room is that I already liked the color that was in it and just wanted to freshen it. Unfortunately, the builder did a trick where he mixed colors so there is no name for the paint in my office. Or should I say there was no name. Now the paint in my office is called Macadamia Nut. I find that a totally appropriate name for the room I create my stories in, don't you?














How do you handle stress or disappointment?

2 comments:

Ceri Hebert December 30, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

I love it and it makes me want to finish up on our painting projects! We have to finish our dining room and the trim in our living room and dining room. The curtains for both. Wish I could sew.

Still, I hope your memory stick shows up someday. :(

Denise December 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Thanks, Ceri.

Painting is good therapy. :-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com