Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Working with my dad


My parents visited a few weeks ago and I, of course, took full advantage of my father's know-how on anything house related.

One of the things I wanted was to put tile up in the spare bath above the shower. I convinced my dad that he was the man for the job. Okay, it did not take a lot of convincing. :-)


Mom and I did the shopping. We picked up the tiles and the rest of the supplies, but dad and I did the work. We put the sticky stuff on the wall, then placed the 1-inch glass tiles in their locations, then we grouted. Afterwards, we stood back and nodded our heads at a job well done.

Unfortunately, mom and dad had to be on a plane the next morning so we didn't get to do the finish work together. Ugh! The worst part was left up to me.

While battling the flu, I finally finished up the sanding of the grout this past weekend. Then I put the sealer on the grout and cleaned it all up.

The end result is beautiful even if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

BookObsessedGrl December 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

It absolutely is beautiful! *patting you & your Dad on the back for a job well done*

Denise December 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Thank you!

I had fun working on it with my dad.

Josie December 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Nice Job!!

Emma Leigh December 10, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

Very nice, Denise. It's great you had a chance to do it with your dad.

Denise December 10, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Thanks! It really was great. Too bad I couldn't convince them to stay longer. :-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com