Friday, January 30, 2009

Tips for a successful book event

Now remember, this is my first book so I am a complete novice when it comes to this promotion stuff. Yeah, okay, I'm a novice when it comes to most anything related to the books except reading and writing.


Does anyone have any tips on what to do or not do for a successful book event?


Like, do I have to dress professionally? ew! What can I say, I am jeans girl.


Or do I set up a table and sit behind it? That seems kind of impersonable and I always like the events where the author reads an excerpt from the book - or maybe from an upcoming book.


Send your ideas, please.

2 comments:

Jennifer Carroll February 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Hi Denise,

Why not wear the white bikini you sported for the cover shot of it Happens in Threes? ;)

Jennifer.

Denise February 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

HA! Very funny. Maybe if we were in Florida.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com