Saturday, July 18, 2009

Book-A-Week Challenge Interview with author Nora LeDuc


We are interviewing Nora LeDuc, author of this week's Book-A-Week Challenge novel "Murder Came Calling".

Post your comment or question and Nora will stop in to answer and respond.

Genre: Romance
SubGenre: Mystery
EBook formats ISBN: 978-1-60313-437-8
Trade paperback ISBN: 978-1-60313-438-5
Nora's site: http://www.noraleduc.com/

For those of you who don't know, Nora is a friend of mine and someone who has influenced and helped me with my writing career since I joined the NH Romance Writers of America back in 2003.

Of all the books that Nora has written and there have been many, I believe 7 published at this point, this is my favorite. Why?
Because I love the hero (Sam) and heroine (Annie) in this story. These are two characters that you can't help but fall for.
Okay, enough about what I think. On with the interview!

Interview:

How close is the plot in your current release Murder Came Calling to your own life?

Let’s see. A wealthy, young beautiful woman becomes involved with a sarcastic, heart hardened ex con after her mother is murdered and the heroine fears her father is the killer. Her drug addicted brother keeps disappearing and reappearing, and the police threaten to arrest the hero as they believe he’s a murderer released on a technicality. Well, I have a mother, a father and two brothers. Pretty close!


When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I knew I was an author when I found myself listed on an authors web page between Charlotte Hughes and Janet Evanovich.

What genre are you the most comfortable writing?

I originally hoped to write historical romance and have written and sold three. The idea of women in beautiful dresses with servants and dashing heroes was very alluring. But the downturn in the historical market convinced me to turn elsewhere. Since I love mystery, thrillers, suspense I decided to attempt writing one. It’s been a love match ever since.

What are your current projects?

I have written and sold a book Pick Up Lines for Murder. The date for its release will be announced soon. I’ve another completed a manuscript Love Burns, which is seeking a home and have two other manuscripts in various stages of revision. I also am writing a story about a kidnapped child inspired by Headline News.

If you could spend the day with one writer, who would it be?

Hands down Tina Fey!! I’d love to be her shadow for a day. Here’s a woman who was one of the few female writers on SNL. Now she’s writing and staring on a hit TV show, written a hit movie and won seven gold Emmy statues for 30 Rock. Recently, her show received 22 Emmy nominations! Let me be your gopher, Tina.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

All of my characters have a lesson to learn, which is universal for all of us. In Murder Came Calling although the hero has been set free from prison, he must learn how to open his imprisoned heart. In Love’s Wicked Jewel the hero learns he’s made the wrong choice in taking the diamond. It’s cold and hard while he’s given up the warm and loving heroine for wealth. In my next book Pick Up Lines for Murder, the heroine learns that she’s left behind the nerdy girl in high school and grown into a beautiful, kind woman even the hottest guy from her past can love. All of my characters have lessons in love to learn, which is why there’s romance in each book.

One last question. Were you the model for your cover?

The woman drowning under water? Absolutely. It’s how I look doing my revisions.

For more information about Nora, visit her website at http://www.noraleduc.com

Purchase the book: http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=735&zenid=b452d0a8fdb7f26f507b9fd009fd13d2

21 comments:

Pauline July 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

What a fun interview. The books sound fun, too!

Nora July 19, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Thanks, Pauline,
It's a fun summer read!

Jim Colombo July 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Nora, this was a great interview. Did you find a lot of differences between writing a historical romance as opposed to writing a thriller? Did this cause any difficulties for you? How did you adjust your style to do so?

Denise July 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Nora,

What inspired you to write about a hero, such as Sam?

Denise

Nora July 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Jim, The historical was harder because I had to research everything such as transportation, clothing, food customs etc. Even in romances the readers are picky about anachronisms.

nora leduc July 19, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Sam came to life after I read an article about a man in Framingham, Mass who'd been released after new scientific advances in DNA research proved he was innocent.

Unknown July 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Nora,
Loved the interview! The book sounds terrific and your characters intriguing along with quirky. And I just love quirky! Wishing you great success!!!
Karen Tukovits

Nora July 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Thanks, Gilmoregirlkel,
And I like your name! Thanks for dropping in from Florida.

kgoodman July 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Nora,
Loved the interview! It's too bad that you had to deal with Denise to accomplish it. :) I am just now completing a book and promise to go pick up yours for my library. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

TNX,
Denise's Dad

Unknown July 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

Great Interview with a great writer! I can't wait to read the book!

Nora July 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Kgoodman,
Well, it she was trying as we who love her know!! Okay, Denise, I was joking. Thanks for dropping by Denise's Dad. Let me know if the library orders my book!

Nora July 20, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Thanks, Claire. Hope you didn't have a trivial weekend.

Joan July 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Your great sense of humor comes through in your interviewas well as in your writing. I am only part way through your book but agree with others that it is your best. You and mystery/crime are a perfect match!

Betty Gordon July 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I need a "fun summer read" and this sounds like it.

Enjoyed your interview.

Betty Gordon

Nora July 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Thanks, for stopping in Joan!! Sorry I missed your review at Cheers. Hope you can keep on reading!

Nora July 20, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Hi Betty,
Thanks for stopping by and reading my interview!! Nice to meet you.

bookgirl July 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Great interview! How do you research the crime elements of your books?

Nora July 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Hey bookgirl,
I watch Law and Order with YOU! No really I watch Headline Breaking News and am addicted to the channel. Then I took a course with a PI and my local Police Dept just offered to answer questions for me. I found out our Police Chief trains people in the field of weapons! Watch out criminals in town.

Rebecca July 23, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

This story is more than just a fun summer read. This is Nora's best book yet with an intricate and compelling plot. Some unexpected twists on top of more than a handful of suspects, it kept me guessing and turning the pages. Loved Sam and Annie who had simultaneously electric conflict and chemistry! A very satisfying trip to the beach.

Nora July 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Rebecca,
Glad you enjoyed it. Did you find a beach with sun to read it on?
Nora

Martha Peterson March 26, 2021 at 10:00 PM  

This is a testimony that I will tell everyone in the world. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Zuma Zuk have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me after doing everything he asked me to do, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar case to meet with this man and have your marriage fixed His email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com whatsapp him on this +15068001647..... thank so much Zuma Zuk.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com