Monday, July 27, 2009

One of those feel good days as an author


This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of signing over 50 books to readers who took the time to send me an email telling me they wanted to read my latest novel, Killer Bunny Hill.

I took pictures of the virtual book signing I did from my living room.

Of course, my kitties, Mischief and Mayhem are avid readers so they had to help.
Mayhem is the beige kitty guarding the postal envelopes.


Mischief is the grayish kitty helping me pick out the bookmarks to put in the envelopes.

Of course, I didn't show you the "real" pictures of them helping me because they would be embarrassed if I showed them fighting over who would do what to help.


This last photo shows you the result of the virtual book signing minus the 9 books I signed for a group of retired ladies in a book club. At that point, I was starving, and had just seen an infomercial for French Toast. I packed up the book club's books and signed them while at my favorite bagel place in Manchester.

The really nice part of sitting at a place like Big Easy Bagel where you are friends with the owners and some of the patrons, when they see you signing books they get just as excited as me and want take one with them.

Lori and Cathy already had a copy of the book. . .that's how I keep myself in bagels. :-) Two of the patrons, one of whom I knew, and another who was on her way to the airport picked up a copy from me. How cool is that?

The best part is that while I sat there eating my egg and cheese sandwich on a wheat bagel, one of the other patrons who had picked up a copy from me the previous week reported that his wife loved Killer Bunny Hill and read it in one day. Now that is the kind of feedback I like to hear!

This evening when I returned home after 10 hours at work, I received emails from several of the readers who received their books today and were all excited to get it. Heck, they even thanked me for the bookmark!

Saturday and today were feel good days for me, an author. Thanks everyone for the smile on my face!

5 comments:

Teresa Morrow July 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Cathy,

Congratulations on your wonderful book signing. It sounds like you touched your readers and gave them what they wanted. Awesome!

I wish you continued great success!

Sincerely,

Teresa Morrow

Jacqueline Seewald July 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Wishing you every success with your book!

Jacqueline Seewald
THE DROWNING POOL Five Star/Gale
PMS: POISON, MURDER, SATISFACTION,
an anthology from L&L Dreamspell

Pauline July 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Congratulations!!! Your kitties are cute! Would you like another one? He only pukes every other week. LOL!

Charlotte Phillips July 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Wishing you many more feel-good days!

Charlotte

Denise July 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Thanks you all!

In spite of the hand cramp, it was a ton of fun and one of the best feel good authors days yet.

Pauline - LOL! Two kitties are trouble enough, besides, what would I possibly name another one. HA!
Your poor kitty. I hope you don't have carpeting. Ack!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com