Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More books in library




If you're a writer, you should read. Correct? At least that's what everyone says in all the articles you see about being a writer. Since I agree with that and I have always been a book fiend, I decided to take a picture of my library shelves.



What you see are shelves of my previously read books. . .with the exception of the plastic bag on one shelf that has the 8 books I just purchased today. Sheesh! I just could not help myself. Now this does not include the 6 books I picked up the other day at Miranda Neville's book signing.



The top 3 shelves are doubled-up so there are twice as many books. What you do not see is that below my shelves are 4 cupboards, each with three shelves in them, also doubled-up. All of them except one cupboard are previously read books. So you can see I just HAD to get more books for my TO BE READ PILE.






How about you? What does your library look like? Is it mostly the previously read pile or the to be read pile?



4 comments:

Ceri Hebert March 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Wow! I have bookcase envy! So neat, so many books! We have three and they're mostly filled with kids books.

Maybe someday I'll reclaim my bookcases!

Denise March 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Truly - it was one of the reasons I bought the house. :-)

And I already have vision of having more shelves built in.

Carmen March 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

My shelves aren't that neat. :) My books are in boxes and piles. My next house will need some built-ins!

Denise March 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

You all should see my audiobooks!

I have a closet under my stairs that normally would hold "stuff".

This winter, I, yes me myself, built shelves under the stairs and now all my audiobooks are stored there.

When you drive an hour plus each way to work, I live off the things so there is not much room left to add more. :-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com