Thursday, June 4, 2009

Coffee Lit Chat

Coffee Lit Chat is a gathering of readers and writers.

Readers want to know about the person behind the stories and authors want to know who is reading their books. This is the opportunity to do just that!

This is something new that was suggested to me by a reader and I had several great responses to the idea when I asked for other feedback. I'm going to do this two different ways. . .online and in-person.

Today, we'll do it online. It doesn't matter who you are, whether reader or writer, but post a message as if you were sitting down having a cup of coffee with us and chat. Ask questions, tell funny anecdotes, just share what is going on with your reading or writing or both.

I'll start off by saying I am on pins and needles waiting for my book cover for Killer Bunny Hill. This Sunday, Marianne Arkins (http://www.mariannearkins.com) and I are going to do the video interview with Terry from http://www.romanceinthebackseat.com. It should be a blast driving around in the car while Terry asks questions.

Now, for the in-person part of the Coffee Lit Chat - Next Sunday, that will be June 14, you can come meet me for coffee and a chat at the Panera in Bedford, NH off South River Road starting at 8 AM (yes, I am a morning person). Whether you are reader or writer, it does not matter. Just come by, find me and my funny blondish red hair at the round booth (there is only one), and introduce yourself. We can chit-chat about everything. Maybe you just want to be inspired to write. Well, put a group of people together and you will get lots of inspiration.

I encourage other authors to join me! It'll be fun.

If you can't make it, then post a comment here and tell us what's going on, what your reading, what you'd like to see.

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert June 4, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Yeah!! You'll be on Marianne's blog. Marianne is awesome!

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Hi Denise,
This sounds like a warm, friendly way to while away a Sunday morning. Unfortunately it's a long drive from Illinois, so I won't be able to make it. I hope you and your visitors have fun.
Jim Colombo

Denise June 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Jim,

You could always do one near you and tell us how it goes.

Denise

Terry Kate June 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Man,
You would plan it for the weekend after I leave the area! I would love to chat. Oh well. I am just reading a paranormal the new book by Laurell K hamilton and I am dieing to do an online chat about it. I might just plan one! My day and chat... I wish my computer worked faster! For Romance in the Backseat I keep getting requests from people to post more videos, but the computer takes forever to export and then load onto You Tube. The whole time, I loose use of my computer! Any one else have computer woes or read the new Anita Blake?
Terry Kate
www.romanceinthebackseat.com

Denise June 5, 2009 at 5:06 AM  

Terry,

I can always do one this weekend and next.

Denise

Denise June 5, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

Okay everyone, stay tuned! Maybe we'll do a Lit Chat at the Common Man after the interview with Terry Kate of www.romanceinthebackseat.com.

Denise

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com