Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My hero needs a name - HELP

My hero for book number 5 needs a name.

This is the hero from the Pink Undies story I have written bits and pieces of through the writing prompts I have posted. We know the heroine's name is Jane, but we have no clue what the hero's name is. So I need your help.

Here's what we know. The hero is a detective, he has dark hair, steel-blue eyes, is well-built, and one night he got caught wearing ladies' lingerie. No he does not do this on a normal basis. BUT, because of that scene, the hero's name needs to be very strong and masculine sounding.

Last night while getting my haircut, my hairdresser and I discussed several options and came up with a shortlist. Tell me what you think.

  1. Dominic
  2. Garrett
  3. Sloan
  4. Blake
  5. Chase
  6. Remy
Post a comment and let me know your opinion. If you have another suggestion, feel free to share. But I am desperate to stop calling my hero, Detective Pink Panties!!

11 comments:

Ceri Hebert June 3, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

Oh, good choices! I like Sloan and I like Chase. Hmmm....

And I'm glad to see the real reason he was wearing those panties! LOL

Denise June 3, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

Well, that's the only reason I can think of so far that would be at least plausible.

Although, I got a few more ideas last night. Amazing what a good trip to the salon can do!

Denise

Jorge June 3, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

To me, Garrett sounds strong and masculine. Remy sounds a little weaker (according to your selection criteria). Barrett, Braxton, Bryce?
This is my humble opinion :) good luck Denise!

Denise June 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Thanks, Jorge!

Those names never even crossed my mind. Cool!

Denise

Carmen June 3, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

When you said he had steel blue eyes, it made me think his name should be Steele - then you can play off the eyes/name. :)

Denise June 3, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Carmen,

I so had not even thought of that! I could even use that as his last name.

Denise

Stephanie Queen June 3, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I'm rather fond of Remy as a hero's name. Calls to mind Remy Martin--that high end cognac...

Denise June 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Now if my hero had cognac eyes we'd be all set. :-)

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

hey! its me.... kristin. Remi is actually the abbreviation for Remington. hmmmmm

Ceri Hebert June 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Remington Steele... I remember that show!

Denise June 5, 2009 at 5:07 AM  

HA! Okay, Remington is not a good name for this hero.

:-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com