Saturday, February 7, 2009

First Booksigning

Saturday was my first booksigning at Big Easy Bagel in Manchester.


How did it go?

It went great! Some of the writers I know showed up to support me and many local patrons. One gentleman came by to get two books. Apparently, he had been waiting for two weeks for the event to get them.

I had the books and chocolate and everyone who bought a book took either a chocolate heart or a chocolate book away with them as well as a signed copy of the book itself.

Laurie (the owner of Big Easy Bagel) gave me a table in a corner where I set up my book for display on a stand that my neighbor gave. I also managed to get internet access so I could show my new book trailer to everyone as well.

Overall, it was fun and I am very much looking forward to this coming Thursday for the next one. For those of you that are in the area...it's going to be at Margaritas in Salem, NH. Hope to see you there!!

3 comments:

Ceri Hebert February 9, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

Congrats on a successful booksigning. Hope your next one is just as good. Great place to go, haven't been to a Margaritas in years.

Denise February 9, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Ceri -

Thanks!

I go to Margarita's for dinner sometimes and do a lot of writing so the wait staff knows me, plus I put Margaritas in my second book so it seemed logical and they were thrilled to do it.

Are you up and writing??
D

Ceri Hebert February 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

I'm at the computer generally by 430am to start writing. I've given myself a goal of 500 new words a day (though going over is always a good thing) so my mornings are writing new stuff and afternoons are dedicated to editing. So far it's working but I'd love to get more new stuff done.

I haven't used any real businesses for settings yet, but not a bad idea.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com