Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Write - but do you Read?

Every week you manage to do some kind of writing. Whether it is 100 words or 1000 words, it does not matter because it is all good.


Do you also read?


Me, I read at least 1 book a week and sometimes several just depending on the length and obviously how good it is. This week I have managed to read three, oops four books. Thanks goodness for excellent writers. My TO BE READ pile is dwindling. I now only have one cabinet of books to read.


How many books do you read? What was the last book you read and when?


Do you read the same kind of books that you write?


I write romantic suspense. I usually read romantic suspense, mysteries, romance, and even true crime. When I do research for my books, I read anything and everything, but have to admit I tend to shy away from reading a whole non-fiction novel.


Why do you read?

Relaxation? Escape? Learn more about your craft?

1 comments:

Ceri Hebert February 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

It depends on my mood. I read a lot of Nora Roberts but I also read Dean Koontz. I like to have at least some romance in the books I read. I primarily write contemporary romance, but I like a bit of everything.

But I don't get a lot of reading time. Too much going on usually.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com