Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Writing - but not my WIP

Yesterday I did manage to write about another 2000 words getting me to page 82 in my WIP. Yea!!

Then I could no longer concentrate and decided to write an editorial with regards to the current economy and the "stimulus". On a normal basis, I am not a political person, but - yes, I do live in New Hampshire.

Anyway, this whole situation has me in quite the tizzy and the TV media around it pretty much drives me nuts. Realize, I rarely watch television (prefer books), but occasionally I will go out for breakfast and you have no choice but to listen to the so-called news program. In thirty or sixty minutes they drone the same comment/opinion into your head at least 4 times throughout the program. No wonder everyone is depressed.

So, I wrote a 2 page editorial on our economic situation from my POV and submitted it. What do you think? Will someone at the newspaper actually take the time to read it? Or will it end up in the recycle bin? Will they go a step further and print it? Or is it only the politicians whose voice counts?

Personally, this is why I write fiction. :-) Fiction will make me laugh, cry, jump out of my seat, fall in love, smile, and believe that anything is possible.

3 comments:

Ceri Hebert February 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

I have a feeling we may share the same political views, or at least as far as the stimulus package goes. There are only a few news/radio programs I can listen to.

If the paper publishes it let me know what paper. I'd be interested in reading it.

Denise February 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

I will definitely let you know.

Funny part is, I sent it to my dad who is my editor on everything and he actually added to it. :-)

Ceri Hebert February 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

LOL I really hope they print it. I know my father would have a lot to say about things that are going on right now if he were here to see it.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com