Friday, November 6, 2009

Pre-proof edits - here we go


The fun and final stages of getting CONNECT THE DOTS to print starts now.

I arrived home from work just a little bit ago. After changing into non-work clothes and getting something cool to drink, I checked my email. Inside and to my surprise waa an email from my publisher with the pre-proof for CONNECT THE DOTS. Edits, here we come!

According to Lisa's nice note there are VERY FEW changes. Yea! No note about that nasty passive voice or those irritating "ly" adverbs. Yippee! and good for me. She did, however, ping me for having short chapters. [GRIN] She always gives me grief for writing short chapters.

Also inside the email Lisa sent was a nice line that said, "I LOVE THIS STORY."

Between you and me, I think she likes this story because of my hero, Jake. [WINK]

How can I possibly hate giving up my weekend and NaNoWriMo writing time to work on edits when I get a wonderful note like that? I can't!

Thanks, Lisa. That made my day.

Wish me luck at getting the pre-proof turned around this weekend.

4 comments:

Emma Leigh November 6, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Best of luck, Denise, with the edits. You're on a roll -- keep it up!

BookObsessedGrl November 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

I Love this cover! I think I might hae mentioned that to you already but I really love this cover!

Loretta Wheeler November 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

I have to add my little mimic here regarding the cover. It's really outstanding Denise:)

Denise November 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Thanks, you all. I love the cover too!

I have one more thing to try and do for book...it's a secret. ;-)

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com