Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The cab pulled up. . .Tuesday Writing Prompt

It's Tuesday and time for another creative writing prompt.

Reminder: Each week in the month of June we will be having writing contest. A new writing prompt will be posted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To participate, you have to write a response to each of the writing prompt posts with your own creative writing. At the end of each week on Sunday, we will announce a winner. The winner will receive a T-Shirt and a copy of It Happens in Threes.

In the meantime, you can warm up with the ones I post on Tuesday and Friday of each week.

Today's prompt is: The cab pulled up. . .

The only rule is to start your blurb with those four little words, and make whatever you write a real attention grabber. Have fun and share what you create!

8 comments:

Ceri Hebert May 19, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Great incentive! I'm looking forward to participating! I'll post a prompt to this one. I also posted the funeral prompt.

Ceri Hebert May 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

The cab pulled up in front of the town hall where the reception was being held. Already there had to be a dozen or more cars parked in the small lot, with more pulling in. Maybe waiting as long as I had before coming over had been a bad idea. Now I'd have to walk through the Mica Falls gauntlet.

"Miss?" The cab driver looked at me through the rearview mirror, his bushy gray brows raised in question.

I actually considered not getting out. I could make a break for it, hire someone to handle my father's final business. No one would care. In fact they'd probably forget my name by week's end. Forget I was ever a part of this town now that my one link to it was gone.

I was about to tell the driver to take me back to my father's house when the door opened. a large fist held out a twenty to the surprised cabbie who was instructed to keep the change for a four dollar fare.

"Get out," Aaron ordered and took hold of my arm, pulling me before I could protest.

The cab pulled away and I was left standing with my former fiance who didn't look any happier than I was.

"That was rude," I said icily.

"I knew what was going through your mind, Cassy. This is one commitment you're not going to run away from."

Denise May 19, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Ceri-

Oooo! I like the interaction between the characters. I love Aaron's line about "one commitment."
Can feel his irritation!

D

Ceri Hebert May 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Yup. This was part 2 to the funeral prompt. Another story idea. Just what I need!!

Denise May 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

You are cut off from story ideas! :-)

Go finish your next one.

D

Ceri Hebert May 20, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Okay, fine. But I may have to do this prompt with the other wip I'm working on.

Denise May 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Oh okay :-)

I need to write something for this prompt. Too much writing and not enough time.

D

Ceri Hebert May 22, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

I hate that. I could spend the entire day writing, but my DH is dragging me to Keene.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com