Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Morning Street Sign Help

I need a little street sign help.

A writer friend of mine, Gina Leuci, takes pictures of street signs. Not just any street sign, but signs with people's names on them.

What is cool about this is that she does this so people like me can have a picture of a street sign with the name of my character on it. Obviously that is only one reason. Also, it is better than stealing a sign and hanging it in your house. Yeah, I knew a couple of colleg guys that did that.

The way Gina does it makes it art. Especially, after I get the ones back she has already done all framed up very nicely for my office with a green mat that matches the sign color.

You're wondering why is Denise telling me thes and what does it have to do with her asking for help. Here it is. I have a character in my third book, CONNECT THE DOTS, whose name is Charley. Gina has not found a street sign with the spelling of Charley with the "ey." We need your help, please!

While you are driving around to run errands or goingto visit family and friends, you may drive by a "Charley" street sign every day and not pay any attention to it. Well, we need you to pay attention to it.

If you see a street sign with the name "Charley" printed on it could you please take a picture of it and email it to me. Or, if you see it in New Hampshire, email me and we can take a picture of it.
Either way, I would very much appreciate it. That is the last one I need to complete the names of my characters for all three books.

I'm working on number and the names are Lucas and Maggie (Margaret).

To find out more about my artistice friend, Gina, checkout her website at http://www.ginaleuci.com/.

1 comments:

GinaL May 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Denise -- I'm thrilled you love your street sign names. Charley can be found in Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Douglasville, CA; Middle Island, NY, Anderson SC; and Pittsburg or East Stroudsburg PA -- and there are more locations out there -- just not here in NH or MA. I hope someone out there can help with our quest. I'll see what I can do about Maggie and Lucas. Gina :-) gina@ginaleuci.com

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com