Thursday, May 14, 2009

The words on the page. . .Writing Prompt Response

Tuesday's writing response was: The words on the page. . .

I hope you all enjoyed Tuesday's writing prompt. I know I did and here is what I came up with.

The words on the page. . .

The words on the page sent shivers of terror skittering down her spine. Her hands shook. One the white paper, someone pasted big block letters cut from magazines to form one sentence.

“Your turn to die.”

Reading the message aloud, the words grabbed her by the throat and threatened to choke her.

“Was this some kind of sick joke?”

Gasping for air, Jane touched her neck and groped for the back of the chair. She needed to sit. She needed to breathe.

Her vision blurred as blackness shrouded her mind. She missed the chair and fell to the floor in a motionless heap.


I'll post another prompt on Friday. In two weeks we will be having a contest so start getting your pen or keyboard warmed up.

2 comments:

Ceri Hebert May 14, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Excellent! I love seeing the pieces to this story!

Denise May 14, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

Thanks, Ceri.

I'm not sure how I want to include it but I know I do.

I had that phrase popping in and out of my head all day as I sat in meetings. Guess we know where my mind was. :-)

D

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com