Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-thon on the Road

Mark your calendars and set your clocks for this Saturday, October 24 for 24 hours of reading and a book event.

Starting at 8 AM Eastern on Saturday until 8 AM Sunday we will be reading and participating in the 24-hour read-a-thon. If you have not already signed up, follow this link for more information http://24hourreadathon.com/ and add yourself to the list. The more the merrier!

Besides reading for 24 hours, readers are invited to come out and meet Robbins and authors Nora LeDuc, Robin Beaudette, and Michaeline Della Fera from 2 to 4 p.m. on Oct. 24 at the Borders in Nashua. Can you think of a better day to do the book event than on a day when people want to read a lot of books in 24 hours. Stop by and get one of ours to include in your reading list.

Instead of sitting at home and reading all by yourself or with the distractions of laundry, let's make this fun and more eventful. Let's take the Read-a-thon on the road. Not literally, but to visit a few places where a bunch of readers can say hi, meet new people, get a little coffee or food, and of course, read a book.

My favorite spot for breakfast on a Saturday morning is Big Easy Bagel in Manchester, NH. This will be my first stop for the Read-a-thon On the Road. I will be there before 8 AM (which is the official Eastern start time) ordering my egg and cheese or bacon, egg and cheese bagel along with my Dr. Pepper. Yes, this is the one time I do not drink Mountain Dew.

Since you'll want to start reading at 8 AM in order to get in as many books as you can in 24 hours, I invite you to join me at Big Easy Bagel for a read. I will be bringing a book just to read over breakfast.

The rest of the schedule is open except for the 2 to 4 PM time slot where Nora, Michaeline, Robin, and I will be discussing and signing our books at the Nashua Borders Bookstore.

I am open to suggestions as to other places we can read together. If you have an idea, please post a comment back here. I'm not adverse to a little driving so share your ideas. One place I think would be good is a Panera restaurant because they have free WiFi and that way we can post blogs about our many books. The question is which one(s) do we visit?

Keep watching my blog this week for a posted schedule as to where a bunch of us will meet up to read.

Also, get that book list ready. Tomorrow I will post my reading list. Would love to see your list as well.

I urge you to participate in this event, to read as many books as you can in the alotted 24-hour time period, and have fun. Heck! Go check out the other readers and their blogs! http://24hourreadathon.com/ and scroll down to enter your name and URL.

If you don't have time to read on Saturday, October 24 then sign up to be a cheerleader or donate a prize for the event. Again, go to the same link and follow the directions. http://24hourreadathon.com/

I hope to see you at Borders on Saturday or one of the places we can sit and read together.

1 comments:

Denise October 21, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

I heard from EmmaLeighReed and we're going to go to Panera in Nashua after the book event, so after 4 PM on Saturday to continue our reading on the road read-a-thon.

I'll post a schedule on Friday as to all the place we will be if you want to join us.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com