Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ready - Set - Read!

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to my first post for the 24-hour Dewey Read-A-Thon.

I am getting ready for my first stop this morning at Big Easy Bagel in Manchester and hope you can join me there for the official kickoff at 8AM with a cup of coffee, a bagel, and of course, a book.

Don't you just love these old book covers? I'd probably cringe if that were suggested for my cover art, but hey! It was the thing and in some cases such as historical, it still is.

I'm starting my reading adventure with book published in 1983 by Loveswept (a publishing house no longer in existence). The book is titled Stormy Vows and written by Iris Johansen. ISBN-13: 978-0553216134

Remember, I am reading a bunch of out-of-print books written by Iris today. You can still find some of these books in used bookstores or online. The last few I picked up I found at Annie's Bookstop and http://acread.ecrater.com/.

Stormy Vows Blurb:
For a struggling actress, a private audition with a young Hollywood turk like Michael Donovan was the break of a lifetime. But Brenna Sloan refused to be intimidated by the temperamental and sensually overwhelming filmmaker, even if it did cost her the role of a lifetime. For Brenna was both far stronger—and far more vulnerable—than Michael could ever guess. And the secret that she was keeping from him would draw them more intimately together with each encounter…and threaten to drive them apart forever.


If I don't see you for coffee this morning, I hope to see you somewhere along my travels today, maybe even at the book event at Borders in Nashua from 2PM to 4PM.

Happy reading! - One hour until kickoff...and counting.

7 comments:

Marie Cloutier October 24, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

that is a GREAT looking book cover! LOL. Good luck with the ReadaThon! :-)

Eva October 24, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

Denise October 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Thank you Eva and Marie.

I'm already having fun. Trying to squeeze in reading time during the day is a challenge.

Getting ready to get 2 full hours in. Wish me luck!

Kara October 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Great start to the read-a-thon! Good luck!

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Eva October 24, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I'm back again-I hope you're still enjoying yourself! :D

katrina October 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Hope your still enjoying yourself and feeling full of beans :D

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com