Monday, October 5, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-Thon


You all know how much I love to read books. That was part of why I started the Book-A-Week Challenge. I also wanted to get more people reading other books.

Well, it turns out I am not the only crazy person who loves to read a lot of books. @Trishheylady over on Twitter posted a link for Dewey's Read-a-Thon. Follow this link for more information http://24hourreadathon.com/.

The idea is to spend 24 hours STRAIGHT reading. No, you do not have to read straight through. Afterall, life must go on, and some people do need sleep. BUT, ultimately, the idea is to read as many books as you can in a 24 hour timeframe and blog about it. Read other bloggers posts on what they are reading, and generally read a lot and have fun.

The next Dewey's Read-a-Thon is Saturday, October 24, the same day I have a book event with three other authors. That's okay. That will be my break time. See, audiobooks do count so while I'm driving to and from the Borders Books in Nashua for the book event, I will listen to one of the many audiobooks I recenly ordered. It's all good!

Then I'll return home and blog about what I listened to and possibly the book event, and continue to read.

I urge you to participate in this event, to read as many books as you can in the alotted 24-hour time period, and have fun. Heck! Go check out the other readers and their blogs! To sign up click this link http://24hourreadathon.com/ and scroll down to enter your name and URL.

If you don't have time to read on Saturday, October 24 then sign up to be a cheerleader or donate a prize for the event. Again, go to the same link and follow the directions. http://24hourreadathon.com/

If you sign up let me know by posting a comment here. Start making your book list and let's make this a party of a Saturday!

If you're in NH, stop by Borders in Nashua on Saturday, October 24 from 2 PM to 4 PM and see me, Nora LeDuc, Robin Beaudette, and Michaeline Della Fera. Afterwards, we can get a cup of coffee and read!

6 comments:

Crystal Posey October 5, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Signed up and blogged about it. Thanks for tweeting/blogging about it, I had never heard of it.

April October 5, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

I think this would be so much fun! I would love love love to do it, but with a 7 yr. old and 3 yr. old, I'm pretty sure there is no hope. Maybe in a few more years, lol!

Denise October 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Crystal - my pleasure! I saw your blog post.

April - kids books count!!

Kristi October 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

I participated in the one earlier this year for the first time and had a great time. Even though I have 3 kids (17, 15, 4) hubby is very supportive of me doing things like this. Since I am a SAHM he knows that I need some "my time" to stay sane!

Emma Leigh October 7, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Signed up. It's a great idea. Can't wait for it.

Denise October 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Kristi - Are you doing this one in October?

Emma Leigh - So glad you signed up.

We should find a place to meet up and read!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com