Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-A-Thon ending

I just officially finished my last book for the 24-hour read-a-thon.

I can honestly say this was a truly great challenge and if it were not for all the cheerleaders and fellow readers I would not have made it. It was those people who gave me my second wind.

All total, I read 4 paperback books with a total of 723 pages and listened to one audiobook. Not too shabby considering I read about 620 pages of that within the last 10 hours.

Next time, no book signing event on day of read-a-thon.

Thank goodness for my ever faithful Mountain Dew and its boatload of caffeine. Hope everyone ejoyed their reading time and found some great books. I know I loved reading those old Iris Johansen books.

7 comments:

Emma Leigh October 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Great job, Denise. Four books--not too shabby!!

Heather October 25, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

I feel like a mere peasant next to your glory of 620 pages!Good Grief - I'm picking up my pace for the next read-a-thon so watch out!I gonna bring it!

Regarding your recent comment on my blog:

In my defense: You never yelled out - I asked how you were doing & you said "it passed" so I went back to reading...LOL
I owe you a scene from it!

So just let me know how you would like me to provide said scene - here on your blog, via twitter or via email?

Thank you for helping me through the last several hours & encouraging me to keep reading after my early in day discouragement! YOU ROCK! I can't be more creative than that on this level of lack of sleep...best go now lest I continue to babble into your comment box here. ;)

Denise October 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Heather - you totally kept me going.
And i just wanted to know about the hot scene that woke you back up. HA!

Emma Leigh - imagine how many books we would have read if we had actually spent the whole day reading!!

Denise October 25, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Can I just say one last closing statement? There is a serious derrier indentation in my leather recliner and my hiney is sore!

Ceri Hebert October 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Woo hoo! Great job!!!

Denise October 25, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Thanks, Ceri. It really was a lot of fun.

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Great Job, especially with all the chatting we did at Panera. Have a great week.

Gina Leuci
www.ginaleuci.com

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com