Thursday, October 1, 2009

Everyone needs a little pixie dust and cocoa powder

You've read my books, seen interviews of me on various blogs and websites, and just when you think you know Denise Robbins the author, she throws something else at you.

For those of you who don't know, besides being a writer, I am also a chocolatier. I make all kinds of chocolate treats. I started the two ventures, making chocolate candies (truffles first then shaped-lollipops) and writing at about the same time.

Every fall I make caramel covered and sometimes caramel/chocolate covered apples for Mack's Apples, a local apple orchard. During the holiday season I usually make dozens upon dozens of chocolate snowmen, bears with Santa hats, penguins in winter scarves, etc., for my friends who own Big Easy Bagel in Manchester, NH.

Throughout the year I will make various candies and chocolate sweets for baby showers, weddings, birthdays, school events, sports events, and charities. This year I even made something very special for the ladies of the New Hampshire Romance Writers group when I gave a talk on how to write a love scene. ;-) Let's just say they had great inspiration to write that scene.

This is me five years ago when I first started making all that chocolate and a local television show, The NH Chronicle, asked me to be on a segment.



Publicity can be so much fun. . .and fattening! Come back tomorrow and I'll post a recipe for something sweet and chocolatey. Because as my slogan says, "Everyone needs a little pixie dust and cocoa powder."

3 comments:

Anonymous October 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Mmmm. Denise's chocolate. Yum - me! Wow, can't believe it's been 5 years since that aired. Time flies. Don't forget about being at the Made in NH Expo. It was great seeing you there (and of course, getting more chocolate).


Gina Leuci
www.ginaleuci.com

Ceri Hebert October 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Darn, the Chronicle video isn't available anymore. Very nice little business!

Lisa Olech October 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Wow! Just another facet of the gem that is you!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com